What We Believe
1. We believe the Scriptures are inspired by God.
2. We believe there is One True God revealed in three persons.
3. We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ.
4. We believe man willingly fell into sin – ushering in evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
5. We believe every person can be restored to fellowship with God through accepting Christ’s offer of forgiveness and salvation.
6. We believe in Water Baptism by immersion after salvation, and Holy Communion as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
7. We believe the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a special experience following salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service.
8. We believe the initial evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is speaking in Languages as experienced on the Day of Pentecost.
9. We believe sanctification initially occurs at Salvation, but is also a progressive lifelong process.
10. We believe the church has a mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin.
11. We believe a divinely called and biblically ordained leadership ministry serves the church.
12. We believe divine healing of the sick is a privilege for Christians today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement.
13. We believe in the Blessed Hope – when Jesus raptures his church prior to his return to Earth.
14. We believe in the millennial reign of Christ when Jesus returns with his saints at his second coming and begins his rule over earth for 1,000 years.
15. We believe in a final judgment for those who have rejected Christ.
16. We believe in a new heavens and a new earth that Christ is preparing for all people who have accepted Him.
1. We believe morality and immorality has been clearly defined by Scripture. It is our believe that scripture teaches marriage is the union between a man and a woman.(Genesis 2:18, 21-25) In addition, with those long held beliefs we require all employees, parents or adults responsible for a student applying for enrollment or re-enrollment in LCS follow our Scriptural view of morality & immorality: parent/parents are not to cohabit with anyone of the opposite sex as if married whom they are not married to nor cohabit with someone of the same sex living together as married. Parent/parents are to follow Scripture which teaches only a married couple, husband and wife, are to express love in a sexual manor.
2. We believe that, regarding human sexuality, legitimate sexual relations are exercised solely within marriage. Hence, sexual activities, such as, but not limited to, adultery, fornication, incest, homosexuality, pedophilia and bestiality are inconsistent with the teachings of the Bible. Further, lascivious behavior, the creation and/or distribution and/or viewing of pornography, and efforts to alter one’s gender are incompatible with the biblical witness. LCS is an official ministry of Conroe First Assembly of God which hold these beliefs. We are responsible to and gladly uphold all beliefs of our church and fellowship referred to as “the General Council of the Assemblies of God”.
3. Concerning Homosexual marriage and sexual identity see:
1. This is the Position paper of the Assemblies of God found: www.ag.org